Monday, May 16, 2011

Tickle, Tickle

I have video proving that Margaret is able to say “tickle.”  It also proves that I can say it, but I imagine that people will be less surprised and less excited about that fact.

Unfortunately, I haven’t caught her on video saying tickle with the tickling motion, because I’ve only tried the once and this is the best I’ve got.  But trust me that most of the time, she tickles herself.  And last night she tickled Leo.  But not me, because as I am telling her very firmly, I am not ticklish, not even a little bit, and so she shouldn’t waste her time.  Not at all.*

She also appears to be able to say “shoes,” and she seems to be getting a handle on “Daddy.”  And she’s been able to say a phrase that means “There it/he/she/I/you/we is/am/are” for a few months.  Oh, and she says “hello” when she’s pretending to talk into the phone/sandwich/blueberry/block/teddy bear.  Tickle is by far the least useful word on this list.

*A little overemphatic?  Perhaps.  But so far, effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment