Thursday, February 23, 2012

Corduroy Bear

Margaret likes to share her things with Ellie.  Ellie is not, perhaps, the most appreciative audience.

My mother notes that when my brother was born, my older sister really liked the poem “Little” by Dorothy Aldis* which goes as follows:

Little

I am the sister of him
And he is my brother
He is too little for us
To talk to each other.
So every morning I show him
My doll and my book,
But every morning he still is
Too little to look.

This is more or less how Margaret interacts with Ellie when she wants to show her toys.

Yesterday, she decided to show Ellie her Corduroy Bear.

007

006

011

Thrilled, that’s what Ellie is.  Thrilled. 

But it’s nice of Margaret to share.

*Actually, she just remembered the text of the poem that she used to recite to my sister, and I googled it and found an author and a title.  Ah, isn’t the internet wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment