Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So Apparently Housework Is Novel

I would like to start out this post by admitting that I don’t vacuum as often as I probably should.  But our house does have hardwood floors everywhere, so it’s only area rugs, and when I do vacuum, it tends to be when Margaret is in bed, because cleaning with her in the room is next door to impossible. 

Seriously, I gather up all the pieces of whatever toy it is that she has scattered to the four winds and then completely ignored for a week, put them all back together and set the toy on the shelf, and some little switch in her brain flips, she says to herself “hey, that toy looks awesome,” and proceeds to leave what she was playing with, pick up the recently tidied toy, and rescatter the pieces.

Anyway, I digress.

This morning, we were supposed to have new couches delivered (which is good, because Margaret’s latest favorite game is “pull the stuffing out of the arms of the old couch.”  She could go pro).  And I thought (well, my mother thought, but I agreed with her) that it would be a good idea to have the area into which the couches were going vacuumed, just so the dust bunnies have to start from scratch.

So we did that. 

And after we had done that, Margaret got an attachment from the vacuum cleaner, and ran around being a vacuum.

Which was completely adorable.

At the end of the first clip, she yells “kitchen,” and then ran across the room to vacuum her kitchen, which is the second clip.  This is not a habit she learned from me, but it seems to work for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment