Monday, January 7, 2013

She's Onto Us

Saturday night at dinner, Margaret looked at me and said "Take my picture."

"Why?" I asked.

"I want you to take my picture and put it on the computer for Nana."

So I did.  I'm not sure what it was about the way she ate her eggs and biscuit that she felt was particularly important for Nana to see, but I do what I'm told (within reason).





So there you are, Mom.  Margaret wanted you to see her dinner, and here it is.

But it does mean that she's becoming conscious of the fact that her life is being shared with an audience, and she's becoming interested in curating her life for that audience.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I mean, I'm the person who imagines and frames her life for an audience, not her.  Seriously, I would have had much more interesting things to say about the pictures of her eating dinner if I had planned to write the post.  But she made me write it, and I don't have anything to say about them, beyond pointing out that this is dinner, and she is wearing her pajama shirt because she wanted to, and Leo was working all day Saturday, and I didn't have the energy to fight her on it.

Humph.

No comments:

Post a Comment