Tuesday, March 25, 2014

2023-2030 Are Going To Be Hard

This post, for those of you following along at home, is not going to have pictures that are on point, but mere incidental illustrations.  The important part is the story of how Ellie has convinced me that the teenage years are going to be very, very hard.  We had already seen hints of this in May of 2012, when Margaret argued rings around me.

But then Ellie, this cute Ellie


argued with me.  And I think she may have won.

Anyway, here's what happened.  This morning, as I got her dressed, she declined to have pants.  I told her she needed pants, because there was snow on the ground.  She told me that Winnie the Pooh doesn't wear pants even when it is snowy.



I told her that Pooh was a bear, and bears had different social conventions and environmental constraints.

She looked at me like this


And then told me that I called her "Ellie-bear" as if that clinched it.

I won -- she's wearing pants -- but I feel that I've lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment