Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Baby Is Happy

One of the things that I am grateful for is that M is, by and large,* a very happy baby. 

(She has just shrieked as I typed this.  Apparently she, like her Nana before her, isn't going to be pigeonholed and told what to be by some chance-met shoe salesman.  Or mother.  Though her Nana probably was pigeonholed and told what to be by her mother, whose ability to command obedience with a chin grab and a firm word is legendary).**

Anyway, she just seems to enjoy life most of the time, and it's fun to watch her being herself.

Because a lot of being herself involves grinning like an idiot.  And then being suddenly solemn before grinning again.  Here, look at this series of pictures shot as fast as my camera will shoot and then think about it and then shoot again.








*Yes, well, aren't you clever for thinking that.  Be nice.

**And, though she'd be 103 (102?) if she'd lived, and so probably wouldn't be as robust as I remember, I do wish Granny was alive to see*** M.  Mostly because I would like to see her tell M not to be cheeky, because it's so impossible.  The child just is cheeky, and nothing she can do will diminish her innate cheekiness.  Except perhaps learning to crawl.

***Well, yes, and I would like her to be able to see.  Look, this is my contravening-the-laws of nature wish, and I'm going for broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment