Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rolling Over Is So Last Week

M has tired of the rolling over.  I mean, she'll still do it if she's bored, but putting her down on her back no longer elicits an immediate flip to the front.  I don't think that the penny ever dropped that rolling was a means of locomotion - or rather that locomotion was and end to be desired.  Anyway, M has moved on.

She is now, as I mentioned, working on her sitting, and has gotten to where she can do it.  I wouldn't leave her sitting up without being nearby - very nearby - and she can't really do anything while she's sitting, as it requires all of her concentration and frequently both of her hands to keep her upright, but she can sit on her own for long enough for me to get some pictures, so that's something.

At the beginning, she listed forward rather alarmingly.


But then began to right herself.


Straightened up.


Got her bearings.


Thought about going left.


And then went right and back.


I tried to get pictures from the other side, but the experiment wasn't as successful.


She was upright briefly, but went out of frame before I could get a good picture of her.


Besides this foray into the world of the upright, she has also found her feet.


She seems to think they're tolerably engrossing.


So really, why work on rolling when there is so much more to see and do in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment