Wednesday, July 7, 2010

This, I Imagine, Is What Panthers Do

So Puck has pretty much given M a wide berth.  I mean, he sniffs the top of her head, and occasionally sits on me proprietorially when she's eating, but for the most part, he pretends that this baby thing didn't happen in his house.  Because if he ignores it, it will go away.

Anyway, over the past few weeks, as M has gotten more grabby, he has begun to notice her more and more.  In fact, she got his tail a few weeks ago, and he didn't claw her, but looked at me sort of mournfully.  And now it seems that he's keeping a very close eye on her indeed.


What I think makes this awesome, though, is the contrast in expressions on their faces.


She just looks so happy, and he looks baleful.  It's not helped by the fact that he's got a mosquito bite on the side of his face, and so looks more than usually raffish.

Also, I think she'd better watch out.  At some point they're going to have to come to some sort of understanding regarding their different positions in the household.


And opposable thumb vs. claw will be a difficult fight to give odds on.

No comments:

Post a Comment