Friday, July 2, 2010

In Which We Go to the Botanical Garden, M Looks Gratuitously Like Her Father, and There Is Another Baby

Well, that's pretty much the post all in the title.

It has been quite nice this week in St. Louis.  It's not what you would call cool, exactly, but it's not hot.  And I can go outside without feeling like my skin is about to peel off my bones and move to a shadier clime.

So we decided to venture out, and take a walk.

We took a friend (well, two friends, one for each of us).


Also, this can serve as proof that sometimes I am actively engaged with M, not just taking pictures of her.

When we got to the garden, M looked cute as a bug in her hat.


See her daring the sun to come and get her?

(I also managed to avoid getting burned, by putting on SPF 70 sunscreen and wearing my own version of the hat, but I think M looks cuter than me with a flowerpot-shaped hat on her head.  Oh, and not walking more than 20 feet not in the shade.    Places where you're meant to be looking at the trees are good for that sort of thing).

I thought that the garden was nice, though was confused by the English Yew that was 4 inches tall.  How do you make a longbow out of something 4 inches tall?

M, however, took the chance to catch up on some important napping-related business.


It's hard work being pushed around the garden and wearing your hat jauntily.  It really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment