Monday, March 19, 2012

Bossypants

So I sometimes worry about Ellie, because Margaret is possessed of a forceful, albeit fairly nice, personality, and the heft to back it up should anyone think about crossing her.  And Ellie’s personality right now seems to be fairly sleep-centric, and also, like the rest of her, on the small side.

But tonight, in the back yard, I think she revealed that she got a bit more from my maternal grandmother than a name: she got a steely look that demands obedience.  So maybe I can stop worrying about Margaret overpowering her.

It started off with Margaret bringing her some flowers.

031

Ellie sized her up with a calculating eye.

032

And put on a sad face.  “Is this all?  Really?” she asks. 

036

“I need more flowers!  I need THIS MANY!  Please fetch them forthwith.

034

“Thank you.  That’s better.  But don’t let it happen again.”

And Margaret, having learned her lesson, and sits politely awaiting Ellie’s next request.

080

No comments:

Post a Comment