Wednesday, March 21, 2012

1-Point Inspection

As I mentioned before, and then again, Margaret has been getting very interested in driving. 

And, as a good parent, I don’t want her taking a car out on the road until she has a rudimentary grasp of maintenance. 

We discussed this yesterday, and immediately afterwards, she gave the car a thorough going-over.*

039

040

And concluded that the car had a front, driver’s side tire.  (Really, she came back to me and said “wheel go round and round,” so she may actually think that we have a bus).

I asked her what she thought we should do about that, and this was her response. 

045

Maybe I should show her where we keep the jack.

Of course, maybe I shouldn’t, because I’d have to take the double stroller out of the trunk, and that thing is HEAVY.

*All right, so that’s clearly a lie.  But she did look at the car and report to me that it had wheels that went round and round, and when I asked her what we should do, she went and got the big stick.  So SOME of my reporting of events is true.  And if you don’t like me exaggerating for comic effect, clearly you should have stopped reading my blog years ago, because I’m pretty sure I was lying about what was going on early in Margaret’s life.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment