Wednesday, March 14, 2012

There Were Never Such Devoted Sisters

One of my plans for Christmas when Margaret and Ellie are . . . say . . . 3 and 5?  I don’t know, I haven’t gotten quite that far yet, but at some point when they are still young enough to be coerced into doing cabaret acts for the assembled family, yet old enough to learn the words.   Anyway, the plan is to teach them “Sisters” from White Christmas*

I’m sure Leo will be completely on board with this, as he is, of course, a devotee of Irving Berlin.  I’m hoping he’ll do choreography.**

Anyway, this is all to point out that there’s a lot of sisterly love going on in our house.

014

See how sweetly Margaret is hugging Ellie, and see how terrified Ellie looks?

Of course, Ellie looked like that before Margaret got anywhere near her.

012

In fact, when she’s awake, she looks fairly perpetually astonished.  Or terrified.  And she sleeps, quite frequently, with her hands up, ready to block should anyone throw a punch.  Clever second child, that’s what she is.

*I couldn’t find a youtube video of the original.  Someone cut the footage of the original and the drag act together.  But you get the idea.

**But not “Choreography.”  It’s my least favorite number in that film.

No comments:

Post a Comment