Friday, March 30, 2012

Just Like Mommy

This post is going to seriously embarrass Margaret someday, but I figure that I have spent no time, no time AT ALL detailing the contents of her diaper, and so I deserve a little bit of slightly embarrassing oversharing time.  And since we’re going to be potty training this week, and I am not going to chronicle it, I’m working off my lack of oversharing with this post.  Sorry, future Margaret.  I’m really sorry.  And I suppose that I won’t even have to show this to your prom date, because he will just be able to google it.  Not fair.  Not fair at all.  I’m so sorry.

But I’m going to do it anyway.

Margaret is completely fascinated by the mechanics of feeding Ellie.  And she thinks that everything on the torso is “tummy.”*  So she announces “Ellie eating from Mommy’s tummy” every time I feed Ellie.

And she thinks pumping is the weirdest thing she’s ever seen in her life.**  But she’s completely fascinated. 

Yesterday, I was in a hurry, and I left the top part of the pump on the table, where she could reach it.

004

She found it, and tried to figure it out.  She didn’t quite get there on the first try.

006

I like the slightly bored look, as if this is a chore she has to get finished so that she can get on with the rest of her life.  I wonder where she picked that look up?

*Before Ellie was born, I taught her “chest,” which she dutifully learned, and then came back with “Mommy has TWO chests,” which is true, but she seems to have forgotten that.

**And lets be honest: it looks pretty dang weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment