Monday, March 19, 2012

Full Employment for the Toddler Set

(As I begin this post, I’m realizing that there is a theme to this blog of late – Margaret discovers some housework-related task, and decides that it will be fun to work at it in an entirely ineffectual manner.  I suppose that that is the nature of life.  After all, I remember getting very excited when I was FINALLY tall enough that my dad thought that I could mow the lawn, and then I mowed the lawn once, realized that it was no fun at all, but had unfortunately demonstrated that I was able to mow the lawn, and so got put on the lawn-mowing rota).

But I digress.

Margaret has been having great fun washing things in the sink at her grandparents’ house for quite some time now.  Today, however, it dawned on her that we had a kitchen sink as well.  She went and tugged on the stepstool that lurks behind the refrigerator, and intimated that she wanted to get up close and personal with some water and some spoons.

Though once she got up there, she thought that the task looked a little daunting.

016

She soon recovered, and began tossing water to and fro like an old pro.

024

027

She’s not particularly thorough in her washing, but that will come in time.  On the bright side, it means that the floor gets spot-mopped, because there’s a lot of water that escapes. 

Once we’ve mastered this and vacuuming, I’m going to make a swiffer sleeper for Ellie, and teach her to crawl around the baseboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment