Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Seedier Madeline

So Margaret is still entranced by Madeline, and has decided that any wool coat is a Madeline coat.  As I mentioned previously, she loves the coat that Helen gave her for Christmas two years ago.

And one morning, she had gotten out of her pajamas to use the bathroom, and I hadn’t gotten her into any other clothes (except underwear) and she went into the playroom to wait until I had gotten her some clothes, and she loves the coat so much that she put it on, and then the hat followed, and when I got to the playroom, this is what I found.

013

Followed by this:

012

And then this:

014

I feel that this evokes a different Paris – you know, the one with the Folies Bergère and the Moulin Rouge – than the one Madeline seems to inhabit.

Or, you know, she just really likes the coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment