Monday, March 22, 2010

Imitation Is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

M has been meeting cousin after cousin after cousin and I've been trying to get pictures, though I forgot my camera one evening, and so need to go and beg pictures from the people who took them.  Anyway, that evening deserves its own post, but suffice it to say that I have the nicest nieces in the world.

Last night Mom (or Nana?) and I went to watch the youngest four while the older three and their parents went gadding about.  When we got there, we ran into some friends on their way out, and Josh brought the little girl over to see M.  As I got out of the car, I heard her say "You shouldn't call the baby fat" and when I opened the back door and she saw M she said "Oh."

The kids seem taken with M's cheeks, and Daniel and Nathan tried to reproduce them.


He had to puff his cheeks out to achieve this.


Daniel managed to get M's grumpier face down (and did a pretty good job of self-portraiture; he kidnapped my camera and took these shots of Margaret imitation).


I did manage to get a shot of Ben holding her.  No doubt someone on the other end of the couch was being silly.

1 comment: