Friday, March 12, 2010

Sometimes Daddy Just Needs a Little Help

Leo and I hate to pass up a chance to be smug about ways in which we are better than other people.  We are quite proud of the fact that we don't have a television, and are looking forward to being able to mention it loudly in public so that other people can feel that we're judging them.

I'm trying to make myself feel comfortable with calling it the idiot box and the boob tube.*

We haven't given up television shows, however.  We watch them on our laptops and on the desktop in our living room.  So it isn't like M is growing up in a television free house.  Just one without a television.

I'm not actually sure what Leo was doing when this picture was taken.  I imagine he was watching something, but it's a far cuter picture if he was working.  I want to know what M bills out at per hour, and why I'm not seeing a cut.



She looks quite interested in what's going on, whatever it is.


*Unfortunately, this name hits a little too close to home these days, since one of the things I do when I am nursing M is watch television shows on my laptop which I perch next to me on the couch.  I used to put it on my legs, which I had propped on the coffee table, but she would thrash around and skip chapters on my dvd, so I stopped.  I also type emails one-handed.  When you get an email with no capital letters, it means that it was painfully picked out while I fed the baby.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you are allowed to be self-righteous about not owning a TV if you do, in fact, watch TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually the best part. We are self-righteous about not having a TV, and then we get to turn around and admit that we watch TV, which means that we're marking ourselves out as superior to those people who make such a big deal out of not having a TV. It's the best of all possible worlds.

    ReplyDelete