Thursday, March 4, 2010

We Need a Dog

I mean, we don't really.  I'm just driven by certain scripts, and I noticed this morning after giving M her bath that she bore a striking resemblance to Herge's hero, Tintin. 

Well, look.

Tintin and his dog Snowy:

 

And then M this morning post-bath:
 
 
Admittedly, the resemblance is more striking from the side, where you can really see the similarity in hairstyle, but if her hair gets any redder, we're going to be in the market for a white terrier, a drunk sea captain, a mad professor, and a pair of detectives named Thompson and Thomson who wear bowler hats and look like twins.*
Because we're a family that is somewhat strongly governed by textual precedent.  
 
Here's a bonus picture, because it better shows off her hedgehog shirt, which is also cute.**



*For those of you who didn't spend your childhoods reading Tintin, first, be glad that you never experienced the anguish of Tintin in Tibet always being out (I still haven't read it, but I keep my eye out), and second, here is a brief description of what I'm talking about.

**And gets us into another textual precedent.  I did laundry this morning, though, and you're not going to catch me ironing handkerchiefs for the two simple reasons that I don't want to, and we haven't any handkerchiefs in the wash to iron if I did want to.

2 comments:

  1. Id buy it if I wasnt poor. Dont let M go through the same suffering you did!

    http://www.amazon.com/Tintin-Tibet-Adventures-Herge/dp/0316358398

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely you have a positive surfeit of mad professors at your disposal?

    ReplyDelete