Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Many Faces of Ellie

Often, Ellie’s expression is just so cute that I have to take a picture of it, and that means that I have a lot of pictures of her face without much more by way of commentary than “Ellie made a face.”  This is a problem for me, because I like elaborate verbal structures around the pictures of my children, since it makes me feel like I’m doing something here.

So I am writing what I assume Ellie’s internal monologue must sound like.* 

Oh, here we are at the park again.  What a surprise.

039

Perhaps I shall spend the time exercising muscles I don’t usually use.  Let’s start with this mouthy thing.

040

And the right eyebrow.  Ah, that’s nice.

041

Hey look!  I’ve been magically transported home.  Who took my shirt?  Was it my fist?

044

I’ll teach it to do that. 

045

All right, that didn’t work.  Perhaps we could settle this with a bout of fisticuffs?

050

Also, I saw this bunny outside, and it had nasty, big, pointy teeth.

051

And I heard my Nana thinks my eyes look brown in pictures.  Here, Nana.  Proof.

053

And as long as I’m showing off my accomplishments, look at this head lift.

055

056

I’m so proud of myself, I could just grin.

058

And grin.

061

And grin.

062

And then plan something mischievous. 

063

*We’re just going to assume, for the fun of the thing, that there is internal monologue beyond “Goo, goo, goo, MILK.”

No comments:

Post a Comment