Friday, June 1, 2012

Owls, Everyone is Fond of Owls

No, really

But I digress.  Ellie has been doing a lot of lying around lately, but it’s lying around with a purpose.  She’s trying to figure stuff out, and one of the things that she’s trying to figure out is toys.

And today during tummy time, she noticed one.

008

She checked with me to see if I had any explanation, but she doesn’t know any words, and I can’t think of very many ways to act out “owls, but anthropomorphized owls, so you don’t have to worry about them eating your stuffed mouse, and don’t worry about the fact that the one you’re looking at is bigger than the sheep hanging off this toy behind you because clearly scale didn’t matter.”  I mean, I don’t think I have enough fingers to tell her how many words that is just to start with.

009

She seemed a little worried,

007

But she faced it down.

012

And then was very proud of herself.

001

But tried to look nonchalant.

002

And here’s a picture that is cute, but I didn’t fit in the narrative, because there’s only so much I can do here.  I mean, it’s a kid playing on a play mat with an owl.  Cut me some slack.

005

No comments:

Post a Comment