Tuesday, March 19, 2013

More Reading

So here's how the morning goes: I am sitting with one kid or another on some sort of seating arrangement, reading a story.  Which kid I'm with doesn't matter, because the minute I sit down with one kid and a book, it's as if a giant beacon has been lit, and no matter where the other child is, she will run (or toddle very fast) across the room with her own book, and either climb or make loud noises accompanied by emphatic arm-flappings until I lift her up, and park her caboose on the couch with me and the original child.  And then they will both read their books while swatting the other one.  I think it's sort of like playing together?


Or competitive playing with me.  But getting closer.  Doing the same thing at the same time is crucial to learning to play together, I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment