Tuesday, April 13, 2010

As Well As the Sombrero*

 M is not allowed to use sunscreen, which is a problem, since her skin is very fair, and she loves the outdoors.

So we have taken to using a sunhat.

She may never forgive me.  After all, her mild-mannered and forgiving grandmother still growls about the sunbonnet visited on her at the tender age of six, and no one was taking bunches of pictures.


 After a while, she fell asleep, no doubt to escape the humiliation.  Or just because I'd put her in the sling, and that thing is sleep magic.



*This is how you can tell I need intellectual stimulation** - place that allusion, quick! Seriously, I'm about this close to offering prizes.

**M, while she possesses many good qualities, is not a particularly interesting conversationalist.  Once one has established that the topic under discussion is "a-goo," she doesn't really have much to add, and she seems unwilling to change topics.

2 comments:

  1. Edna Ferber: "I am not belittling the brave pioneer men, but the sunbonnet as well as the sombrero has helped to settle this glorious land of ours."

    ReplyDelete
  2. but she looks so cute in it!

    If you need intellectual stimulation I'd be happy to stop by tomorrow. Especially since I am curious about the whole putting-together-a-diss-defense thing that I am going to have to do very soon.

    ReplyDelete