Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Is Here

I thought that was probably a better title than "Poisoning Pigeons In The Park."

And had the added value of being true and having some reference to what we were doing, particularly in light of the fact that most of the pictures are of Leo feeding M, and it seems to me that it would be jarring for people to have poisoning in their minds and then see a picture of Leo feeding the baby.

Anyway, yesterday was beautiful.  It was sunny and pleasant and not too hot, so we thought that it would be nice to have a picnic.*  I picked Leo up from his new office (9 minute morning commute!  Excitement!) and we went to the park adjacent to it, and which he has a nice view of from his office window.  M seemed a little bemused by the wind whipping over her head (the car seat sheltered her face, but her tuft of hair was getting battered about quite a bit, which she seemed to find interesting).



When we got to our picnic table, Leo fed her - her first open air feeding, and it didn't seem to phase her at all.  Of course, I don't know that a herd of stampeding elephants would phase her when there was food in the offing, but since I'm usually a necessary adjunct to the offing of food, I would prefer not to test my theory.  For one thing, it's quite hard to find a herd of stampeding elephants in suburban St. Louis, and even if we did find them, I think I would find it somewhat unnerving to have them lumbering past me while I fed her just to see if it put her off her feed.  


 After her immediate dietary needs had been met, we put in her pacifier.  (Though you can see neither the top of the pacifier nor the other side of her shirt this picture, I would like to draw attention to the extreme coordination between her outfit and her pacifier - the pink hearts match perfectly.  You'll just have to trust me, or look at the evidence of the other pictures in the series.  I admit that it's not much, but in my pocket I had two pacifiers, one with hearts and one with flowers, and I made a conscious decision to give her the one with hearts to match her shirt.  I feel that for me, this is progress).


After this, we put her back in the stroller, and she was very tolerant of our desire to eat our dinners, spending much of the time dozing.



*I called Leo to suggest this at the very moment that he was reading yesterday's post in which I suggest that M is going to be a picnic when she gets older.  He found it somewhat disturbing. 

1 comment:

  1. Leo always looks so serious in these pictures, especially when he is feeding M!!

    ReplyDelete