Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Nieces Are Better Than Your Nieces

(Unless you are Jana, Stephen, Chris, Ron, Eric, Melissa, Leo, Russ, Leilani, Jo, Janae, Roger, or the spouses of the latter five, whose names I can remember only intermittently.  If you are one of those people, then our nieces are, in this instance, the same.  But for the great mass of humanity, my comment stands).

While I was in Port Angeles, Emily and Alynn organized a surprise party for M and me.  People, duly frightened by my comments on clothing, gave us VERY neutral gifts (M got some shirts with cowboy paraphernalia to wear while horseback riding).

The table had cups of m&ms, which I thought was a nice touch.

But by far the most impressive thing was the cake Alynn made.


And the back view.



And the alphabet blocks.


I'm amazed that I have such a talented niece (who was the same age as M just yesterday, it seems).


She's also rather beautiful herself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment