Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Own Backyard

We discovered this evening that we bore M quite literally to tears.  She was fussing this evening, and it turned out that instead of food or cuddles or walking about, she wanted to be outside enjoying the beautiful weather (if this keeps up, I'm hoping I can arrange for her first word to be "salubrious.")

So we laid her down on a blanket.


And Leo played with her toes.*

We also showered her with blossoms. 



She wouldn't hold them in her hand very well, but Leo threaded some through her toes.


I stuck one behind her ear.


Leo went in to make supper, and I lay down with her.


And the cat came to see what the fuss was about.


Being discouraged from eating her toes, he took himself off in high dudgeon.


And then the police came by to chat about the seemingly abandoned house next door.

All in all, a lovely evening.

* I also was there playing with her toes.


See?  There are my toes as evidence of my presence.  I'm sure that when M reads this in later life, I will give her two sets of issues, one to do with body image, and the other to do with abandonment.  The reason there are so few pictures of us together, M, is a) your father doesn't think to take pictures of us and b) a lot of the time I'm with you, I'm indecent.

No comments:

Post a Comment