Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I Feel for You

Ellie has begun to feel the stresses of being a younger sister.  She is not, like me, the younger sister to quite so many people, but on the other hand, her older sister is not so much older than her, which probably intensifies what she has to put up with.

Anyway, Margaret insisted on taking two Lego animals with her in the car this morning, and while we were in the car, she noticed the two Lego people that she had demanded at some earlier time.  These all, of course, needed to come in with us.  And she needed to go up the stairs “on myself,”* a maneuver that requires at least one free hand.

“Do you want Mommy to carry them?” I asked solicitously, never mind that I hadn’t wanted her to take the %$^&*@ things anyway.

“No,” she said.  “Ellie carry them” she said.  And she plunked them into Ellie’s car seat.

001

And so it begins.

* “On myself” is what she says instead of “by myself.”  I don’t know why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment