Wednesday, May 9, 2012

@!*&% Molars

I understand that teeth are necessary for many things.  I really do.  But these molars of Margaret’s are getting on my nerves.  First off, they’ve been coming in for MONTHS at this point.  I know, I know, there are four of them, but is there some reason that they have to come in one at a time to maximize my pain?  And that’s really it.  They’re taking forever to come in and they’re disrupting her sleep, which disrupts my sleep, which – since Ellie seems to be preternaturally good at sleeping – is NOT OKAY.*

Also, why has no one out there in the teething ring business invented something that toddlers can chew with their back teeth when their teeth hurt?  Everyone’s falling over themselves with teething things for babies, but Margaret has to make do with what she can find by herself.  This morning she chewed her shirt, some Legos, a Fisher-Price circus monkey (from when F-P things would fit in the mouth), her shirt, my finger, a stuffed monkey, and finally, a purple plastic duck that she got at the doctor’s office at her 18 month checkup.

That one worked really well, so she took it to the park with her, and in the 45 minutes we were there, did not take it out of her mouth.

007

011

015

017

018

019020

022

Still, two teeth to go, and then we’re free until her six-year-old molars, and you can tell a six-year-old to tough it out, right?

*I’m not blaming Margaret.  If I woke up in the middle of the night and my teeth hurt as much as hers seem to, I’d probably cry for my mommy.  Which is why my mommy is glad that she lives quite a long way away.

No comments:

Post a Comment