Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Being Bad

Margaret and Ellie and I went to the park this morning, in an attempt to run off some of Margaret’s high spirits before I dropped them at their grandmother’s house while I went and amused myself by teaching.

I explained on the way over that Margaret needed to pick one side of the park to play on, and that we would stay there, since I was going to have to put Ellie down in her carseat, and I didn’t want to be running from one end of the park to another with her, and I didn’t want to abandon her on the ground.  Margaret agreed for the time it took to walk from the car to the playground, at which point she took off running and did everything I told her not to, and some that I hadn’t told her not to, but that she suspected I might.

026

027

028

029

In the last one, she was trying to walk backwards up the slide.  It didn’t work.

After trying to climb the slides for a while, she heard another mother tell her son not to crawl under the equipment.

This she then did.

021

022

023

024

Ellie does not approve.

025

After she saw that I didn’t mind, some of the joy went out of climbing under the thing, so she started to make dashes for freedom.  We left the park.

But I think that next time, I’m going to forbid her from climbing the stairs and going down the slide feet first, taking turns with the other children.

No comments:

Post a Comment