Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Serious Case of the Frizzies

Apparently I (or Leo, or the combination thereof) produce children with a pronounced topknot.  Margaret had it, and now it appears that Ellie does too. 

After her bath, it’s quite evident.

042

Her hair sticks up all over her head, and although it mostly calms down, she retains a mohawk until her hair gets dirty enough that it flattens out. 

See?  Here she is before her bath:

025

(I don’t know what Margaret’s thinking about there, and it’s probably best that we don’t know.*  But Ellie’s hair is awfully tame).

And here she is tonight, with Leo.

094

See?  You can see the fuzz rising straight up off her head.  And actually, looking at this picture, I am taking back the confusion with which I started this post.  I think it’s quite clear from this which parent the unruly hair on the top of the head comes from.  So that’s who to blame.  Or, I suppose, thank.

Also, just because I think it’s cute, here’s another picture of Leo with Ellie this morning.

045

She’s very helpful when it comes to editing documents.  And her fees are exceptionally reasonable.**

*I kind of assume that they are unsavory, but she may just be trying to remember what comes in between 2 and 5.

**I’m using “reasonable” in a somewhat specialized sense here.

No comments:

Post a Comment