Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tevya

This has nothing to do with The Fiddler on the Roof, except, I suppose, in a sort of a sunrise, sunset children grow up sort of way.  (And no, Margaret hasn’t eloped with some young man of another religious persuasion.  Or Ellie).

It has everything to do with breakfast.  This morning Margaret asked for toast with tevya.  At least, I’m assuming she did, because when I got out of the shower, that was what was happening.  Perhaps Leo offers things to her without her showing any interest, but I somehow doubt it.  Anyway, tevya is her name for Nutella, which she adores.  And she sort of tolerates the toast.  Nibbles at it,  you know, after she’s licked the Nutella off of it.

002

Which tends to have a bit of an impact on her facial cleanliness.

001

Anyway, as I took this last picture, she informed me that “This tevya is quite tasty,” which sounds very quaint coming out of a two-year-old’s mouth.

And I’m not completely certain that it’s my fault that she says that.  I mean, it could be me, but I’m more likely to say it about someone else’s cooking than my own, and usually she’s eating my cooking.  I’m sort of thinking that her grandfather may be the source of this little phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment