Sunday, April 1, 2012

Silence, Like A Poultice Came*

The children are all asleep at the same time.  See?



049

And so I am blogging.  Because when they’re not asleep, they’re so dang busy actually living their lives, that I don’t have time to record them.  It’s a paradox, that’s what it is.**

Weirdly, this post is just about the fact that they’re asleep, and I’ve pretty much covered that.  So I’m going to go and write another post about what we did this morning to tire them out, and if it doesn’t show up until tonight, it’s probably because someone woke up.

*My great-grandmother said that a lot, and so my mother said it, and now I’m saying it.  The full line is “And silence, like a poultice comes, to heal the blows of sound,” and apparently Oliver Wendell Holmes said it as well as my great-grandmother. 

**It’s not really a paradox, but it sounds kind of close to one.

1 comment:

  1. With blаcκ beans, οr уou're getting ready for business your first company phone bill and your checking account information to open this account. There are a lot easier. Equipment list w/ market value any leased equipment?

    My homepage :: Business marketing companies

    ReplyDelete