Monday, April 16, 2012

Head’s Up!*

Not only is Ellie rolling over sometimes, but she has got pretty good head control and when put on her tummy, stretches her head up and moves her arms and windmills her legs. 

014

025

019

028

029

Of course, after a while it starts to get pretty tiring to hold the head up, and things get a little droopy.

032

033

And when they get droopy, they get a little sad, and the time comes to stop taking pictures and pick the poor kid up already.

034

Meanwhile, over to the left of the headlifting action, Margaret was trying to demonstrate finding her toes, as I had explained that Ellie didn’t know she had toes.

045

We can also see that I have toes as well, so that’s nice, isn’t it?

*It doesn’t work as well in writing as it does orally, because unless you’re one of those people who uses the apostrophe to say “look out, guys!  An s is coming,”** the inscription of the phrase must choose an interpretation, so we don’t get the subtle homage to the opening of my nephews’ baseball season that I would have liked.  C’est la vie. 

**And I hope that none of my readers are that sort of person, because that would sadden me.

No comments:

Post a Comment