Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Old Macdonald*

Margaret has been learning to sing Old MacDonald,** but I’m not sure that she’s really got the concept completely clear.  I mean, she’s got that the farmer has things, but she’s not clear that it has to be a farm animal.

For example, in this clip, she says “e-i-e-i had a strawberry.”  Frequently, someone (she actually doesn’t usually designate anyone) will “have a Margaret.” 

We’re working on her songs.  She also is a bit unclear on where Old Macdonald’s farm ends, and the apparently adjacent farm of the farmer who owned a dog named Bingo begins; she sometimes wanders from one to the other without any transition.

Also, since we’re on the topic of strawberries, Margaret likes to offer to share her strawberries.***

 

 

010

She also has ridiculously pretty eyes.

012

Which she uses to look pensively out windows while she is considering whether she likes strawberries or not.

016

On balance, she approves, but she is of the opinion that they are, to use her phrase, “funny.”

025

I’m pretty sure she doesn’t actually know what funny means, but she does every so often announce that things are funny, like Leo being in the newspaper, and various types of garden produce. 

*I’m going back and forth about whether I need to capitalize the D.  I’m not doing it, but I just wanted to make it clear that there had been some consideration.

**I’m hedging my bets.  One of them is right.

***She doesn’t actually do it, mind you, but she holds them out invitingly.

1 comment:

  1. M generally sings, "Old MacDonald had a farm and Bingo was his name-o."

    She also has taken to singing the following:

    Frere Jacques, Frere Jacques,
    Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?
    How are you today, sir?
    Very well, I thank you.
    Peek a boo, peek a boo.

    ReplyDelete