Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pillow Fort

Apparently this was why I couldn’t have any of the throw pillows this morning.  I wanted one to prop up my elbow while I fed Ellie, but apparently this was not going to happen.  Because “Margaret is sleeping on pillows and a cushion.”*

001

She’s grinning at me from under there. 

003

See?

Anyway, she’s in her room now NOT NAPPING, which suggests to me that I need to stop letting her pretend to sleep in the mornings, since it’s having such deleterious effects on her afternoon napping.

Because she NEEDS her nap.   She’s miserable in the afternoons if she doesn’t have it, and of we drive for 5 minutes in the car, she conks out.  But take it in her room?  Nothing doing.  I think I may reintroduce swaddling. Or something.  Because naps need to happen.  Actually, she’s getting quieter, and she’s still in bed.  Perhaps she’s just shifting the time of her nap, which would be fine, because she’s going to bed later now since Leo felt that her 5 am wakeups were not really something he wanted to sign on for.  But there needs, for her sanity and mine, to be some afternoon sleep.  Besides, if she doesn’t nap, when am I going to blog?

*The cushion is the less squashy one.  These are important distinctions for the under-3 set.

No comments:

Post a Comment